2.12.09

First ever blog post!


I'm not exactly sure how to start this, so I'm just going to type whatever pops into my head. I'm new at this whole blogging thing. It seems like a good idea. A way to share your thoughts, perpetualize (is that a word?) what's important to your being, and reflect on your past contemplations. The Y2K diary, if you will. On a more privy note, my name is Hayley. I live on the west coast of Canada and I'm a new born Motocross rider...Hence, Dirt.Diva., although I wouldn't exactly classify myself as a diva, but it makes for a good alliteration. I was a BMX racer for ten years. Contrary to popular belief, BMX and Motocross are alike in only 2 ways...a bike and a track. The way the races are run are unmistakably different, the bikes that are ridden are far from similar, and the tracks definitely differ in size. There are more discrepancies between the sports, but I'll get to that later.


More about moi. I'm 19, soon to be 20 and no longer a teenager. I have a younger brother who rides dirt bikes with me and also practices Mixed Martial Arts. He's in the 11th grade. I live with him and my mom in the inner city in a white house surrounded by crazies and attention grabbers. I work at the local motorcycle shop full time in hopes of awakening my dreams of racing motocross whenever and wherever and at whatever level I can into reality. It seems that lately I have a one track mind...Motocross. I see more in my favourite pro riders than smooth style and an innate need for speed. I see the determination and dedication. The hard work they put into every ride, on and off the track. And their attitudes are, for the most part, nothing less than spectacular in any circumstance. A will to push until the end. Anyone who has studied the actions of a motocross racer will agree with me that Motocross racers are among the most disciplined athletes of our day.


This has been kind of a scattered post, but as I said before, I was just going to type whatever came to my mind. At least it gives me something to start with. And thus, my Blog.


Dirt.Diva*


"Remember, good things come to those who work hard"-Tania Satchwell (Pro Women's MX racer)





No comments:

Post a Comment